1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Salt to taste
1/4 cup curd
1.5 tsp oil
Water as required
1. In a large mixing bowl take all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, curd and oil. Mix them very well so that all the ingredients are combined well.
2. Now add water in parts and begin to knead the dough. Knead to a soft and smooth dough. Cover it with a moist cloth and keep it in a warm place for 2 hours.
3. After 2 hours, knead the dough slightly to remove any amount of air that is present in the dough.
4. Pinch a small ball sized dough. Gently roll the dough with the help of a rolling pin. Do not make the naan too thick nor too thin.
5. Grease with water all over the naan so that it easily sticks to the tawa.
6. Place the naan over the tawa keeping the water coated side down the tawa. After a minute of cooking in the tawa, place the naan directly on the flame and cook it till the naan turns golden brown.
7. Place the naan again in the tawa. Brush some butter over the naan and scrape off the naan from the bottom and remove them.
8. Serve butter naan with dal makhani, malai kofta or any of your favourite vegetable curry.