Aglio e Olio is a classic Italian spaghetti recipe made with just 5 ingredients under 30 minutes. It is simple, easy to make and absolutely delicious. A must try recipe if you have all the ingredients at home.
Servings:- 2-3 people
Course:- Starters, Main Course
200-250 gms spaghetti
3-4 tbsp olive oil
4-5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2-1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp mixed herbs
2-3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. First, in a large vessel take about 1-1.5 litre water and add 1 tsp salt to it. Let the water come to a boil.
2. Once the water comes to a boil, add 200-250 gms of spaghetti pasta. Mix them well making sure that the pasta is completely immersed in water. Boil for 10-12 mins or until the pasta is al dente.
3. Drain off the water and keep aside. Do not throw the pasta water as it will be used later.
4. Next, in a wok take 3-4 tbsp olive oil. Add in 4-5 thinly sliced garlic cloves and saute them till it slightly changes its color.
5. Further add chilli flakes and mixed herbs and saute them until the flavours are well absorbed. You can adjust the amount of chilli flakes and mixed herbs as per your choice.
6. Now, add about 1/2-3/4 cup of pasta water and mix them well. Once the water comes to a boil add the cooked pasta and chopped parsley and mix them gently.
7. Finally, serve and enjoy aglio e olio immediately topped with your favourite seasonings.