Veggie Quesadilla's are easy to make, super-delicious and healthy too. They are 100% customizable with any veggies that you happen to have in hand. All you need are chopped veggies, beans, tortillas, cheese, a few seasonings and salsa for serving.
Servings:- 2 people
Course:- Starters, Dinner
125 gms processed cheese, grated
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/3 capsicum, finely chopped
1/3 avocado, finely chopped
1/4 cup kidney beans, chopped
1/4 cup corn kernels
1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
1. First, in a mixing bowl, add 1/2 finely chopped onion, 1/3 finely chopped capsicum, 1/3 finely chopped avocado, 1/4 cup kidney beans, 1/4 cup corn kernels, 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves and 1/2 tsp dried parsley.
2. Next, add 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper powder and 1.5 tbsp lemon juice. Mix the vegetable filling well and keep aside.
3. Now, heat a pan and warm the tortillas for 30 secs. Further place the tortillas on a working surface. Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on one-half of the tortilla.
4. Now, place the vegetable stuffing over the cheese. Next, again sprinkle some cheese over the veggie filling. Further fold the empty side of the tortilla to enclose the fillings.
5. Next, brush the pan with some oil and gently place the quesadilla on it. Cover it with a lid and let the quesadilla cook on low to medium flame for about 1-2 mins or until it turns golden and crispy from the bottom.
6. Gently flip over and cook the other side until golden and crisp. Remove the quesadilla from the pan and place them on a cutting board. Allow it to cool for a minute so that the cheese sets properly and then using a knife, slice them to 3 pieces.
7. Finally, serve veggie quesadilla immediately with salsa dip, guacamole or sour cream.