Bread Lasagna is a simple, easy, cheesy and a tasty recipe which can be made for a quick party starter. Since lasagna sheets are not available everywhere, so using bread would make the process of baking lasagna very easy.
Servings:- 2-3 people
Course:- Main Course
1 tsp butter
2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 carrot, finely chopped
1/4 red capsicum, finely chopped
1/4 green capsicum, finely chopped
3-4 tbsp sweet corn
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup red sauce
1 cup white sauce
1 cup grated cheese
2 tbsp spinach/palak leaves
6-8 bread slices
1. First, in a pan heat a tsp of butter and saute 2-3 garlic cloves for about a minute. Next, add the chopped onions and saute them for a minute.
2. Further add 1/2 carrot, 1/4 red capsicum, 1/4 green capsicum and 3-4 tbsp sweet corn. Saute them for a minute. Do not overcook the veggies and let them have a crunch.
3. Next, add 1/2 tsp mixed herbs, 1 tsp chilli flakes and 1/2 tsp salt. Saute them for a minute and turn off the flame. The veggies are ready.
Red Sauce Preparation:1. First, make crisscross on the base of 2 tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 4-5 mins or till the skin begins to peel.
2. Drain the tomatoes and cool completely. Peel and roughly chop the tomatoes. Blend the tomatoes to a smooth puree. Keep aside.
3. Now, in a non-stick pan, heat 1/2 tsp oil. Add 1 tsp chopped garlic cloves and saute on medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add 1/4 cup chopped onions and saute for 1-2 mins on medium flame. Now add the prepared tomato puree, 1/2 tsp mixed herbs, 1 tbsp tomato ketchup, 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp sugar and salt as per taste. Mix them well and cook on medium flame for 2-3 mins or till the sauce thickens while stirring occasionally .