This homemade Caramel Popcorn is super easy and super yummy. It has a perfect crunch and chewiness that anyone would want, that too without sticking to your teeth. A must-try recipe made without any corn syrup which would be liked by everyone especially the youngsters.
Servings:- 1 box
Course:- Dessert, Snacks
1/4 cup unpopped popcorn
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp butter
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
1. First, in a pan heat 1 tbsp oil and roast the popcorn kernels for a few seconds. Cover the pan with a lid and allow them to pop.
2. Once all the popcorn have popped, remove the lid to let the steam pass away. This process would let your popcorn to stay much crispier. Next, transfer them to a bowl and keep aside.
3. Now, in a pan take 1/2 cup sugar and allow them to melt on high flame. Once the sugar starts melting and it turns yellow, lower the flame to medium so that the sugar gets melted evenly.
4. Now, on a low flame add 1 tbsp butter and 1/8 tsp salt. Mix them well until you start seeing bubbles in the caramel.
5. Once you see bubbles on the caramel, turn off the flame and add 1/8 tsp of baking soda. Mix them well.
6. Further add the popcorn to the caramel and with the help of a spoon, coat them well for a minute. Transfer the caramel popcorn to a plate and allow them to cool for a minute or two. Once its cooled, it becomes easy to separate the caramel popcorn sticking to each other.
7. Finally, serve theatre-style caramel popcorn immediately. The caramel popcorn can also be stored in air-tight container for about 2 weeks.