Vegetable Dalia is a healthy and nutritious one-pot meal recipe prepared with broken wheat (dalia) and mixed vegetables. It is mainly a kids recipe but can also be served to adults as a weight-loss recipe.
Servings:- 2-3 people
Course:- Breakfast, Dinner
1 tsp ghee
1/2 cup dalia/broken wheat
1 tsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of asafoetida
1/2 tsp crushed ginger
2 green chilli, slit
1 tomato, finely chopped
2-3 tbsp peas
1/2 carrot. chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Salt as per taste
1/2 cup moong dal, soaked
3-4 cups water
1. Firstly, in a pan heat a tsp of ghee. Add 1/2 cup dalia/broken wheat and roast them on low flame for 3-4 mins or until the dalia turns aromatic. Keep the roasted dalia aside.
2. Now, in a pressure cooker heat 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp cumin seeds and a pinch of asafoetida. Saute them until the cumin seeds splutter.
3. Next, add 1/2 tsp crushed ginger and 2 green chillies. Saute them for a minute. Further add 1 finely chopped tomato and saute until it turns soft and mushy.
4. Now, add 2-3 tbsp peas, 1/2 chopped carrot, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt as per taste. Mix them well and saute for 2-3 mins.
5. Further add 1/2 cup moong dal, soaked for 30-45 mins and saute them for a minute. Now, add the roasted dalia and 3-4 cups water. Stir them well.
6. Cover and pressure cook the dalia for 3-4 whistles or until the dal gets cooked completely.
7. Finally, serve and enjoy, hot vegetable dalia with curd or have them plain.