Pumpkin Cake is a simple and easy fluffy moist cake. It is a simple one-bowl recipe that has regular pantry staples. The recipe is vegan as it does not contain any dairy ingredient. As the cake is made with wheat flour, it is wholesome as well as kids-friendly.
Servings:- 1 cake
Cuisine:- American, World
1.5 cup wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup + 3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
A pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp lemon juice/vinegar
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water
A few chopped walnuts
A few chocolate chips
1. First, grease a round cake pan with some oil and sprinkle some flour on it. Now, to prepare a cup of pumpkin puree, take about 250 gms of pumpkin, peel and chop them to 1 inch cubes. Simmer them with some water till the pumpkins are softened. Strain and blend the pumpkin to a thick and smooth puree without adding any amount of water.
2. Now, in a mixing bowl add the pumpkin puree and add 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp sugar. Further add 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder and a pinch of salt.
3. Next, add 1 tsp vanilla essence, 1 tbsp lemon juice/vinegar and 1/4 cup oil. Mix all the ingredients with the help of wired whisk. Mix them until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 15 mins. Next, add 1/4 cup water and mix well.
5. Further sift 1.5 cup wheat flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda on to the wet ingredients. Add a few chopped nuts and chocolate chips.
6. Now, with the help of a spatula gently fold the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients. Do not overdo the folding. If the batter looks thick and dry add some water and fold the batter again. Do note that the batter for pumpkin cake will slightly be thicker than the other cakes.
7. Further add the batter to the round cake pan and tap the pan to even the batter from the top. You may even level the surface of the batter with a spatula. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top of the batter.
8. Place the pan in a pre-heated oven and bake at 180 degree Celsius for 50-55 mins. Check with a toothpick for the doneness of the cake. If it does not come out clean bake for a few mins more. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it cool for 10 mins.
9. Finally, slice and serve the pumpkin cake immediately. Refrigerate the remaining cake in an air-tight container and enjoy the cake for about a week.