Moonglet is a simple, easy and healthy vegetarian recipe made with moong beans/lentils. A famous North-Indian street food breakfast recipe served with a choice of coriander chutney, tamarind chutney or tomato ketchup.
Servings:- 2-3 people
1 cup moong dal
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp rice flour
Salt as per taste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chilli, finely chopped
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 tomato, finely chopped
2-3 tbsp capsicum, finely chopped
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp eno
2 tbsp water
A pinch of red chilli powder
2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp butter
1. Firstly, soak a cup of moong dal for 1 hour. Next, drain off the water and blend them to a smooth paste. Transfer the paste to a mixing bowl.
2. Now, add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tbsp rice flour and salt as per taste. Beat and mix them very well so as to form a thick batter.
3. Now, add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 2 green chilli, 1/2 onion, 1/2 tomato and 2-3 tbsp capsicum. Mix them very well making sure that everything is well combined.
4. Further heat a pan and spread 2 tsp oil over it. Now, when the pan gets hot add 1/2 tsp eno and 2 tbsp water to the batter. Mix them well.
5. Next, pour the batter onto the hot pan once the batter turns frothy. Sprinkle some red chilli powder and 2 tbsp coriander leaves over it.
6. Cover and cook for 4-5 mins or until the base is cooked well. Flip over and press gently. Next, make a good slit in the center and add 1 tbsp butter. Simmer for 2-3 mins or until the moonglet is completely cooked.
7. Finally, serve and enjoy moonglet with tomato ketchup, coriander chutney or tamarind chutney.