Hara Bhara Kabab is an easy North-Indian vegetarian kabab prepared with fresh and green leafy vegetables. A perfect evening snack recipe which can also be served as a party starter. The kababs can also be pan-fried, shallow-fried or baked in the oven, however deep-frying the kababs are much better in taste.
Servings:- 2-3 people
Course:- Breakfast, Snacks, Starters
1/2 bunch palak leaves/spinach
1 tsp oil
1 green chilli, chopped
1/2 capsicum, finely chopped
1/3 cup peas
1 potato, boiled and mashed
1/3 cup paneer/cottage cheese, crumbled
2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp amchur/dry mango powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/8 tsp turmeric powder
Salt as per taste
1/2 cup breadcrumbs, for coating
4-5 cashews, halved
1. Firstly, in a pan boil water and blanch the palak leaves for 2-3 mins. Squeeze off the excess water from the leaves and keep them aside.
2. Next, in a kadai heat oil. Add the chopped green chillies and capsicum and saute them for 2-3 mins or until the moisture disappears.
3. Next, add peas or any vegetables of your choice and saute them for 4-5 mins or until the moisture disappears completely.
4. Transfer the sautéed vegetables to a blender and allow them to cool completely. Further blend them to a coarse paste along with the blanched spinach.
5. Now, transfer the paste to a mixing bowl. Add the mashed potato, crumbled paneer, chopped coriander leaves, breadcrumbs and cornflour.
6. Next, add 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp amchur, 1/4 tsp garam masala 1/8 tsp turmeric powder and salt as per taste. Mix them very well making sure that the spices are well combined with the vegetables.
7. Now, grease your hands with little oil and make small patties from the mixture. Coat the patties with breadcrumbs to make the kabab more crispy.
8. Press and place a cashew in the centre. Next, in hot oil deep fry the patties on medium flame, stirring occasionally in between.
9. Take off the kabab as soon as the cashew turns golden brown. Drain the kababs onto a kitchen paper towel.
10. Finally, serve and enjoy, hot and crispy hara bhara kabab with tamarind chutney and masala tea.