Paneer Tikka is a popular North-Indian starter recipe prepared by marinating paneer and veggies with spices and thick curd/yogurt and then grilled in an oven. If you do not have an oven you can also make it on the tawa.
Servings:- 2-3 people
1/2 cup hung curd
1-2 tbsp yogurt, thick
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp kasuri methi
1/2 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4 tsp carom seeds
2 tbsp gram flour/besan, roasted
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
1 tsp oil
1/2 onion, petals
1/4 capsicum, red, green and yellow, cubed
8-10 cubes paneer
1. Firstly, in a bowl take 1/2 cup hung curd. To prepare hung curd, hang the curd in a freezer for 7-8 hours or overnight.
2. Next, add 1-2 tbsp thick yogurt, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp kasuri methi, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 1/4 tsp carom seeds, 2 tbsp roasted besan, 1 tbsp lemon juice and salt.
3. Mix them well until all the spices are well combined with the curd. Further add the onion petals, red, green and yellow cubed capsicum and 8-10 cubes of paneer. Add a tsp of oil.
4. Mix them gently so that all the vegetables are coated well. Further cover and allow them to marinate for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
5. Now, after marination, insert the marinated veggies into the wooden/bamboo skewers. Further preheat the oven at 230-240 degree Celsius for 15 mins.
6. Next, line the tray with butter paper and place the skewers on it. Grill them on top mode for 10-15 mins. Rotate them and again grill them for 10 mins making sure that it does not burn.
7. Finally, sprinkle some chaat masala and serve paneer tikka immediately.