Palak Paneer is a healthy green-colored paneer recipe prepared from a thick paste of spinach puree. A popular North-Indian cuisine which is generally served with roti or naan. A creamy, green color paste with soft and tender paneer cubes makes this dish a lip smacking favorite.
Now, let me share a few tips and suggestions to make palak paneer. First, do not over blanch the palak for a long time as the nutrients will be lost. Second, add the green chillies as per your spice level. You may add more if you prefer spicy palak paneer. Third, you may add tomato paste instead of adding lemon juice. However, adding tomato paste might lead to color change of the palak. Finally, you may skip adding cream if you do not prefer, however it gives a rich taste to the curry.
Servings:- 2-3 servings
Course:- Main Course, Curry
1 bunch palak/spinach
1/2 onion, petals
2 green chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp cream
8-10 cube paneer
1/4 tsp garam masala
1. Firstly, boil about 4 cups water and add onion petals. Boil them for a minute till you get the flavor of the onion. Now, add the palak and boil them for 2 mins.
2. Drain off the blanched palak and allow them to cool. Next, transfer the blanched palak along with the chopped green chilli to a blender and blend them to a smooth paste without adding any water. Keep the paste aside.
3. Now, in a kadai, heat butter and saute chopped garlic for a few seconds. Next, add the palak paste and saute them well.
4. Further add salt and lemon juice to it and cook them for a minute or two. Next, add cream to it and give them a good mix.
5. Further add the cubed paneer and mix them well without breaking the paneer. Cook them for 2-3 mins or until the paneer absorbs the flavor. Next, switch off the flame and add garam masala. Mix them well.
6. Finally, serve hot palak paneer with roti/naan.