Macaroni Salad is a healthy salad made with elbow macaroni, sliced vegetables and eggless mayonnaise. A popular side dish or appetizer which is easy to prepare and tastes great when served chilled. A light and healthy recipe which is consumed for its health benefits.
Servings:- 2-3 servings
4 cup water
1 tsp oil
1 tsp salt
1 cup elbow macaroni
4 tsp mayonnaise
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 onion, sliced
1/2 carrot, julienned
1/4 capsicum, julienned
1/2 tomato, julienned
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
1. Firstly, in a saucepan boil 4 cup water along with 3/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil. Get the water to a boil. Once the water comes to a boil, add a cup of elbow macaroni.
2. Boil the macaroni for 8-10 mins or until it turns al dente. Drain off the macaroni and pour a cup of cold water to stop further cooking. Keep the boiled macaroni aside.
3. Now, in a large bowl take 4 tsp mayonnaise and add 1/2 tsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/4 tsp salt to it. Mix the salad dressing well.
4. Next, add the sliced onion, julienned carrot, capsicum and tomato. You may add in any vegetables of your choice. Further add the cooked macaroni. Gently mix them making sure that the dressing has been coated well.
5. Cover and let the salad rest in the refrigerator for 30 mins so that it absorbs all the flavors.
6. Finally, serve the macaroni salad garnished with some mixed herbs.