Sweet Shakarpara is a sweet maida biscuit prepared during the festival season as a munching snack. It is one of a must snack during the Diwali festival.
Now, let me share a few tips and suggestions to make crispy shakarpara. First, make sure to dissolve the sugar well before adding all purpose flour. Second, adding rava while kneading the dough helps to make the shakarpara more crispier. Finally, make sure to fry the shakarpara on low to medium flame, otherwise the shakarpara will remain raw from inside and wont be much crispier.
Servings:- 1 bowl
Cuisine:- South Indian/Maharashtrian
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 cup all purpose flour/maida
2 tsp rava
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
4 tbsp ghee
1 tsp salt
Oil for deep frying
1. Firstly, in a large mixing bowl, dissolve 1/2 cup sugar in 1/2 cup water. Further add maida, rava, cardamom powder. ghee and salt.
2. Combine them very well and knead to a soft and smooth dough. Now, roll the dough slightly thick. You can even roll them thin if you prefer thin shakarpara.
3. Further cut them into any shape of your choice like diamond or squares and keep aside.
4. Now, deep fry them in hot oil. Keeping the flame on medium, stir occasionally in between to fry uniformly. Fry till the shakarpara turns golden and crisp. Further drain them off in a kitchen paper towel and allow it cool completely.
5. Finally, store the sweet shakarpara in an airtight container for a month.