Rava Dosa is a popular South-Indian crepe dosa made with rava, rice flour and all purpose flour. The batter of the rava dosa is very thin as compared to the traditional rice-based dosa. Rava dosa is generally served for breakfast with tomato chutney or coconut chutney.
Now, let me share a few tips and suggestions to make a perfect, crisp rava dosa. First, the dosa batter should be watery and you should be able to pour like water on top of the dosa tawa or pan. Second, adding curd is optional, however when added it helps in attaining a golden crisp color to the dosa. Finally, to get a crispy dosa, the tawa or the pan should be very hot when you pour the dosa batter. Once you pour the batter, quickly turn the flame to low and roast till the dosa starts leaving the pan.
Servings:- 5-6 dosa
Cuisine:- South Indian
0.3 cup rava
0.3 cup rice flour
0.15 cup all purpose flour/maida
0.6 tbsp curd
0.5 tsp salt
1.5 cup water
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1/2 inch ginger, grated
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
A few curry leaves, finely chopped
1.5 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
1/2 onion, finely chopped
0.9 cup water
Oil for roasting
1. Firstly, in a large mixing bowl, take rava, rice flour and maida. Next, add curd, salt and 1.5 cup water. Whisk and mix them well making sure that there are no lumps.
2. Now, add the chopped green chilli, ginger, black pepper powder, cumin seeds, curry leaves, coriander leaves and onion. Further add 0.9 cup water and prepare a watery consistency batter.
3. Further allow the batter to rest for 20-30 mins making sure that the rava has absorbed the water. After 30 mins, mix the batter once again making sure that the batter has a thin watery consistency.
4. Now, carefully pour the dosa batter over very hot tawa but do not fill the holes as the texture of the dosa might spoil.
5. Further spread a tsp of oil uniformly all over the dosa. Lower the flame and cook until the dosa turns golden and crisp.
6. Finally, fold the dosa and serve rava dosa immediately with tomato chutney or coconut chutney.