Parle-G cake is a simple 5 ingredient cake without eggs, butter, flour and condensed milk. This can even be made without an oven, however I have baked my cake in an oven. I am pretty sure that your family is going to love this super soft, delicious cake.
Now, let me share a few tips and suggestions to make this delicious Parle-G cake. First, the cake is made using Parle-G biscuit, however you can also use any glucose biscuit like Tiger and Sunfeast. Second, make sure that you grind/blitz the biscuit into homogenous fine mixture or else you might not get the perfect texture of the cake. Third, adding walnuts is completely optional, however it adds a good crunch to the cake. You can even add some almonds or tutti-frutti to the cake batter. Finally, you can also cook the cake in a pressure cooker. To cook in a pressure cooker, pre-heat the cooker by placing a wire rack on the base of a cooker. Close the lid without a whistle and set it on medium heat for 10 mins. Then, place the pan on the wire rack, close the cooker and cook the cake on medium flame for 45-50 mins.
Servings:- 2-3 people
Course:- Cake, Dessert
250 gms parle g biscuit
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
3/4 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp walnuts (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 mins.
2. Firstly, roughly break the biscuits and add them to a food processor or a grinder along with the sugar. Blitz them to a homogenized fine mixture.
3. Transfer the biscuit mixture to a large bowl and add the baking powder. Mix them well. Further add the milk and vanilla essence and mix them until everything is well combined. The batter should be smooth and flowing.
4. Next, add in the walnuts and fold them gently. Adding walnuts is optional so you may even skip them.
5. Further grease a baking pan with some oil or butter and dust it with some flour. Transfer the batter to the pan and pat gently so that the batter is evenly spread. Top the batter with some chopped walnuts.
6. Further place the baking pan in a pre-heated oven and bake at 180 degree Celsius for 30-35 mins. Once done, carefully remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely. Unmould them and cut them into equal slices.
7. Finally, serve soft and spongy parle-g cake with evening tea or coffee.