Lachha Paratha is a multi-layered Indian flatbread, prepared with wheat flour. These paratha's can also be made with wheat flour and all purpose flour, but for healthier version, it is generally prepared with only wheat flour. It is a simple and easy recipe prepared with less amount of ghee.
Servings:- 2 people
Course:- Lunch, Dinner, Paratha
1 cup wheat flour/aata
1/2 tsp salt
1.5 tbsp oil
Water for kneading
1. Firstly, in a large mixing bowl, take wheat flour and salt. Now, add oil to the flour and crumble them well with your fingertips.
2. Next, add water in parts and knead to a soft and smooth dough. Cover with a moist cloth and allow it to rest for 15-20 mins.
3. Now, pinch a ball-sized dough, roll and flatten it. Dust it with some flour. Further roll to a thin circle as that of a chapatti. Make sure to roll as thin as possible.
4. Now, grease the chapatti with some ghee. Further start creating pleats by folding with the help of your fingers. Further stretch the pleated dough as much as you can.
5. Next, begin to roll the pleated dough like a swiss roll. Further seal and secure the end by pressing gently.
6. Now, take the rolled dough ball and dust it with some flour. Further start rolling the ball to a thin circle.
7. Now, on a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook on medium flame. Flip over and cook the other side once the base is half-cooked. Once you see golden brown spots, grease them with some ghee. Flip and roast both sides until they are properly cooked.
8. Finally, serve and enjoy, hot lachha paratha with dal or with any vegetable of your choice.