3/4 cup warm milk
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp active dry yeast
2.5 cup all purpose flour/maida
1/4 cup oil
1/2 tsp salt
1. Firstly, in a bowl, take 3/4 cup warm milk. To it add 2 tbsp of sugar and 2 tsp active dry yeast. Mix them well and allow them to rest for 10-15 mins or until the yeast activates.
2. Next, in a large mixing bowl, take about 2.5 cup of all purpose flour, 1/4 cup oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Then make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture to it. Knead to a soft and smooth dough.
3. Put some oil over the dough and cover the dough with a cling wrap or a wet cloth. Keep aside the dough in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
4. Once the dough doubles in size, take the dough in a working surface and punch the dough. Knead the dough slightly until it gets flexible.
5. Now, roll the dough and cut it into equal portions. Make equal sized dough balls. Next, dust some flour and roll each ball in circles like a chapati. Keep the rolled dough aside.
6. Now, in working surface take a rolled dough and brush some melted butter on it. Place another rolled dough on top and brush some butter on it. Repeat the same process till the last rolled dough. Do not brush butter on the top rolled dough.
7. Now, sprinkle some flour over the top rolled dough and flatten them again with a roller. Do not roll it neither too thick nor too thin.
8. Next, with the help of a pizza cutter or a knife, cut the rolled flattened dough into triangular shapes. Now, take 1 triangular piece and make a small slit in the edge of the triangle. Now, start rolling to the upward direction. Make all the croissants in the same way.
9. Further take a baking tray and line it with parchment paper. Arrange all the prepared croissants in the baking tray keeping some gap between each croissant. Cover them with a moist cloth and allow them to rest for 10-15 mins.
10. Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius for 10 mins. Brush each croissant with some milk. Now, bake the croissants for 5-10 mins at 200 degree Celsius. Further reduce the temperature to 180 degree Celsius and bake for 15-20 mins.
11. Once done, take out the croissants from the oven and brush some butter on each croissant. Cool them completely.
12. Finally, the eggless butter croissants are ready to be served. You can store them in an airtight container for 2 days in room temperature or upto a week in the refrigerator.