2 medium plantains (raw banana)
2-3 green chilli, crushed
1 inch ginger, crushed
Salt according to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
1/4 tsp mixed herbs
1. Firstly, pressure cook the raw bananas with their peel on for 4-5 whistles or 10 mins. Do not be in a hurry, as we want the bananas to be soft and tender.
2. Now, remove the water and allow them to cool. When you're comfortable to touch them, peel the bananas and transfer them to a big bowl.
3. Mash the bananas with a fork. Now, add in the crushed chilli, crushed ginger, salt, lemon juice, dry mango powder (amchur) and mixed herbs. Give them a good mix until all the spices are well combined.
4. Next, grease your hands and shape the cutlets out of the dough. Further deep fry the cutlets in low-medium flame for 5-10 mins , turning occasionally until they turn golden brown in color.
5. Finally, serve hot and crispy banana cutlets immediately with coriander or tamarind chutney.