1/2 cup sabudana/tapioca
1 1/2 potato, boiled and mashed
1/4 cup peanuts, roasted and crushed
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 green chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1-2 tbsp cornflour
1. In a large bowl, soak sabudana for at least 3-4 hours or overnight till they turn soft. Drain off the water and rest for 30 mins, so that all the water is drained off completely.
2. Take the sabudana in a large mixing bowl. Now, add the mashed potatoes and peanuts. Further add cumin seeds, red chilli powder, garam masala, green chilli, coriander leaves, salt and lemon juice.
3. Mix and mash well with your hand so that everything is well combined. Prepare a soft dough. Add cornflour to the dough and knead again.
4. Now, heat a appe pan and pour 1/4 tsp of oil in each hole of the appe pan.
5. Prepare small balls from the sabudana dough. Place the balls over the appe pan. Cover and cook the balls for 5-7 mins by keeping the flame on low to medium.
6. Flip over once the bottom turns golden brown. Again cover and cook for 5-7 mins. Flip over the sabudana balls till they are cooked completely and they turn golden brown in color.
7. Finally, serve hot and crispy sabudana balls with masala tea or hot coffee.