1 cup poha/flattened rice
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp peanuts
1 tsp mustard seeds
A pinch of asafoetida
A few curry leaves
1 green chilli, finely chopped
3/4 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup peas, boiled
1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped and boiled
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
1. Firstly, soak the poha in water for 2 mins. Drain off the water and keep aside.
2. In a kadai, heat oil and add mustard seeds to it. Allow them to crackle. Then add asafoetida and curry leaves. Saute them well.
3. Next add peanuts to it and saute till the peanuts turn a bit crunchy. Further add onion and green chilli and saute them well till the onions turn translucent.
4. Next add in the boiled peas and carrot and saute them for a minute. Further add in salt and turmeric powder to it and saute well.
5. Now add in the soaked poha and gently mix them so that everything is well combined. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until the flavors are well absorbed by the poha.
6. Finally, add in lemon juice and coriander leaves. Give them a gentle mix. Switch off the flame.
7. Serve and enjoy kanda poha topped with some sev for breakfast.