1 cup all gram flour
3/4 cup curd
2.5 cups of water
½ tsp turmeric powder
A pinch of asafoetida
Salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp sesame seeds
1-2 green chillies
A few curry leaves
1. In a bowl take curd and pour in water.
2. Next add to it turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt. Mix all of these together with the help of a whisk.
3. You may now add gram flour and continue to whisk till no lumps are formed.
4. Take a saucepan and pour in this batter in it. Cook it in low flame. You need to keep stirring the mixture so that no lumps are formed.
5. Slowly and gradually, the batter starts to thicken up. You need to keep stirring it till a thick consistency batter is formed.
6. In the mean time, take 2 plates and grease the back side of the plates with oil.
7. After 15 mins gradually take a small portion of the batter and place it on the greased plates. Allow the batter to cool down for sometime. If you can form rolls from the batter, then switch off the flame or else continue stirring the batter again.
8. The whole process takes around 20 mins.
9. Once you get the perfect consistency of the batter, quickly pour in the batter to those greased plates and spread them. Allow them to cool for some time.
10. Then cut them into long equal halves. Start rolling them and keep them aside in a plate.
11. Now, in a pan take oil and heat it. Put in mustard seeds and allow them to crackle. Then put curry leaves and green chillies and cook them for some time.
12. Take sesame seeds and cook them till they turn light brown in color.
13. Pour this tempering over the Khandvis. You can also garnish them with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
14. Serve Khandvis with Tomato Ketchup or Coriander Chutney or Tamarind Chutney.